I am a Ph.D. Student in Computer Science at Arizona State University
The focus of my research is finding solutions and building systems for effective recognition of visual languages. Here is a small video back in 2016 for a system Sceptre I built.
My interests are in Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Visual Languages and Machine Learning. Recently my work was features by a few magazines. (MIT Tech Review). I also received the Outstanding Research Award, and the Caulkins Communication Award for exemplary work in connecting graduate students.
I am pursuing my Ph.D. under the supervision of Dr. Sandeep Gupta and the main focus is solving the main problems for Sign Language Recognition. For this I focus on American Sign Language(ASL) and have started to learn a bit of ASL myself. Now that is fun!
Currently the research work I am actively involved in are:
- DyFAV: Dynamic Feature Selection and Voting for Real-time Recognition of Fingerspelled Alphabet using Wearables (pdf)
- Learn2Sign: A interactive tutor for Sign Language Learning
- SignType: A novel HCI method for interacting with computers.
- GRUSI: Recognizing human actions and gestures using representative Images.
These projects are still in the pipeline for publishing, so more details on them soon.
Contact me for research collaborations and/or job internship opportunities specially if you have something going relating Sign Language Recognition and engagement with the Deaf community.
ppaudyal at asu dot edu
- Paudyal, Prajwal, Ayan Banerjee, and Sandeep KS Gupta, SCEPTRE: a Pervasive, Non-Invasive, and Programmable Gesture Recognition Technology. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces. ACM, 2016, March 2016 (pdf)
- Dyfav: Dynamic feature selection and voting for real-time recognition of fingerspelled alphabet using wearables. Prajwal Paudyal, Junghyo Lee, Ayan Banerjee, Sandeep KS Gupta. Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces
- FIT-EVE&ADAM: Estimation of Velocity & Energy for Automated Diet Activity Monitoring. Junghyo Lee, Prajwal Paudyal, Ayan Banerjee, Sandeep KS Gupta. Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), 2017 16th IEEE International Conference on
- Mt-diet: Automated diet assessment using myo and thermal. Junghyo Lee, Ayan Banerjee, Prajwal Paudyal, Sandeep KS Gupta. Late-Breaking Research Abstract at the conference on Wireless Health
- IDEA: Instant Detection of Eating Action using Wrist-Worn Sensors in Absence of User-Specific Model. Junghyo Lee, Prajwal Paudyal, Ayan Banerjee, Sandeep KS Gupta. Proceedings of the 26th Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization
- Mt-diet: Automated smartphone based diet assessment with infrared images. Junghyo Lee, Ayan Banerjee, Sandeep KS Gupta. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom)
I’ll pull my publications here soon, but meanwhile here is a link to my Google Scholar’s page. It is pretty up to date except for a latest Journal published at TiiS