Fundamentals of Mobile and Pervasive Computing
K. S. Gupta, Golden
G. Richard III and Loren
||Fundamentals of Mobile and Pervasive Computing explains a revolutionary
and rapidly evolving paradigm for computing: Mobile users seamlessly
interacting with wireless devices embedded in the environment provides a
platform for many novel applications, ranging from pervasive health monitoring
to homeland security. Recognizing the increasing dominance of mobile devices,
networks, and applications, this mobile-centric perspective gives today's
students, researchers, developers, and engineers the inside track on tomorrow's
solutions and opportunities.
a Book Chapter
The book has been used as textbook in the following
rating for this book
Buy the book
Please report errata
pg. 23, Fig 1.8: Import RDO should be Export RDO
pg. 56: Publication content
should be a new item in the list.
pg. 67, Fig 3.6, item 2: which should be with.
pg. 75, Fig 3.7 should be Fig 3.8.
pg. 78, Fig 3.8 should be Fig 3.9.
pg. 310, Fig 13.2 is
- pg. 67: mak_chunks-1 should be max_chunks-1
- pg. 48: LR7 should be LR9 and LR6 should be LR8
- pg. 47 - bottom: LR6 referenced in the body of the text should be LR8.
- pg. 67: n is num_disks in Fig3.6
- pg. 67: Fig3.6 C is not defined (in Cj,k)
- pg. 66: Fig4.5 The diagram is not labeled to correspond with different Cj,k values. The labels
are incorrect. C1,1 should be C1,0 to work with the algorithm.